Employees participate in office politics to win apprehension from their bosses and stain the image of their fellow colleagues. Employees who do not want to be working hard, rely upon dirty politics at the office merely to feel safe about their own job.
Regularly Changing jobs is not a resolution to workplace politics. One should attempt to avoid such behavior and try to maintain an optimistic atmosphere in the office.
Here are a few strategies to limit and terminate the workplace politics in your organization:
1. Employee Contentment-
- Job dissatisfaction leads to workplace politics. Authority must be delegated on the basis of specialization, interests, and qualifications of the employees in question.
- Employees must be happy with their tasks, in order to be loyal to the company. Employees participate in workplace politics when they have an abundance of free time and nothing better to do.
- Individuals must be clear about their responsibilities and duties. They should be clear about their place in the organization.
2. Clarity of Goals and Objectives-
- Transparency must be preserved at all levels to cut down politics.
- Your staff must be cognizant of the objectives and goals of the company and attempt hard to accomplish them.
- Policies of the company must be clear-cut and the same for everyone.
3. Unity of Direction-
- Encourage teamwork to fortify the bond between your employees. They should be made to work in proper teams with clear-cut objective so that they spend some time together and develop a liking for each other.
- Lighten up your workplace with various festive parties now and then.
- Every once in a while take your staff out for casual get together and picnics. Such exercises go a long way in developing trust between employees.
- Problems must be talked about and everyone related to the subject must be allowed to take part. Problems arise when these concerns are discussed behind closed doors and employees do not get a clear picture of the matter.
- Employees should be comfortable to share their ideas and problems in front of their superiors.
- The employees must have effortless access to the boss’s office in case of any queries.
- Employees should not goof around with words and pass on the information in simple words.
- Information must not be tampered with at any cost.
- It is preferred to use written modes of communication to avoid misunderstandings.
- Communicate via emails and do keep your boss informed. This way, the boss is cognisant about what is going on and no one can make up fictitious stories against anybody.
- Employees often fear persecution for voicing their concerns. Implement Your Safe Hub in your organization for reporting purposes, a special communication channel that protects such employees with the power of anonymity.
6. Hold up the propriety of the work environment-
- Politics never favor anybody in the long haul. Employees must focus on their own tasks instead of meddling in their co-worker’s work.
- Remind your employees that the company pays them for their hard work and not for uncovering mistakes of others.
- The superiors must not be biased toward anybody. Don’t support any of your employees from others.
- Do not take action against anyone based on mere rumors against him/her.
- Don’t believe, neither make believe anybody about anything unless and until there is ample proof.
8. Optimism inside Workplace-
- Employees must enter office with a calm and a positive frame of mind.
- Don’t take things personally. Avoid overreacting at the office.
- Being over friendly with everyone also creates issues.
- A person should know when to stop. Do not take unjustified favors from anybody in the workplace.
Signup for Your Safe Hub now and protect yourself and your valuable employees.